This online training course concentrates on developing a good understanding of issues related to heat and moisture in buildings to help retrofitters avoid and/or manage any unintended consequences arising from the repair, insulation, draught proofing and ventilation of existing UK buildings.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed principally at UK construction professionals and those whose role involves decision making around retrofit. It brings together a wealth of knowledge on low energy building retrofit experience and methodology.
To get the most out of taking the full course you will already have good professional knowledge within the construction sector.
You will have a serious interest in how to do advanced energy efficient retrofit and be wanting to deepen your understanding of building physics and the risks associated with measures, to enable you to make informed decisions.
- The direct and indirect benefits of robust retrofit
- Climate zones, local micro-climates and impact of changing weather patterns
- Understanding existing building structures and materials
- Energy and buildings
- Moisture and buildings
- Building services, including ventilation and heat
- Financial appraisal – is retrofit a good investment?
- Case studies
Booking now for enrollment on the course which commences in late October 2016